- Never offer any personal information including your last name, contact information, home address, phone numbers, school's name, e-mail address, last names of friends or relatives, instant messaging names, age, or birth date.
- Never post provocative pictures of yourself or anyone else, and be sure any images you provide do not reveal any of the previously mentioned information. Always remember to look at the background of a picture too.
- Assume what you publish on the Web is permanent. Anyone on the Internet can easily print out a blog or save it to a computer.
- Avoid trying to "outdo" or compete with other bloggers.
- Keep blogs positive and don't use them for slander or to attack others.
- Be careful with what is SEEN in a photo. Develop an eye for detail and never give away your location by kids clothing having a school name int he photo, or having key landmarks that could be easily traced. Obviously that doesn't apply always, but if your home is near something that could be googled, don't supply that information. (this was mentioned earlier too, but I think this is very important.)
- Retaliate/respond carefully to possible threats. Don't say anything that could antagonize someone who is cyber bullying or stocking. You don't know there mental state of mind, so be careful in how you react to certain threats.
(Some information taken form this website.)
Keep it safe out there guys and have a happy weekend!